We’ll share with you some great ideas and that inside local knowledge.
Short Tour - 4 hours. $650 (incl gst) 1-5 people
A Short Tour is a perfect amount of time for an overview of Queenstown and the Wakatipu Basin, a great way to start your holiday and get your bearings or to visit a certain spot that’s on your must do list.
• Take look at Gibbston, the Valley of the Vines. Drop in to one of the many cellar doors to taste offerings from the most southern wine region in the world.
• Visit Arrowtown with its old-world charm, fantastic shopping and golden history.
• Visit some art galleries or homes of local artists and craftsmen.
• Take a short guided hike and learn about the unique flora and fauna found nowhere else in the world.
• Visit a mountain lookout to view the area from above and hear about how this stunning landscape came to be.
• Seek out some of the film locations that the area is famous for.
• Include a meal or rest break at a highly recommended local café, restaurant or bar.
We’ll be ready to pick you up from your accommodation at a time that suits you and return you to your desired location at the completion of your tour.
You may also choose to add on and combine activities with your tour – Heli trips, jet-boating, gondola ride, horse riding, 4WD experiences, bungee jumps, lake cruises, farm visits, and plenty more – Just ask us, and we’ll make sure everything is organised to fit perfectly with your plans.
Day Tour - 8 hours. $1300 (incl gst) 1-5 people
By joining us for a Day Tour we can do any combination of the suggestions on a Short Tour and also journey further afield. A Day Tour can include:
• A visit to Wanaka, a drive around the lake and up into the awesome Aspiring National Park home of Tititea, the highest mountain in this area.
• A food and wine loop tour through the Cromwell Basin, Wanaka and the Cardrona Valley. Visit world class vineyards, gin distilleries, microbreweries, renowned food and produce suppliers, cafes, bars and restaurants. Hand-picked to your individual taste.
• A gourmet Glenorchy picnic. Following our Lake Wakatipu to its head and along the braided rivers beyond, we’ll show you a secret spot that is perfect to lay out the picnic rug and relax with a glass of wine and a gourmet spread. Follow this by a wander in the forest or along the river. Every detail can be arranged and if you wish, some private time for you, knowing that your guide can be on hand should you need them.
• A back-country tour into the Nevis Valley via the highest public road in the country. Learn about the gold mining history and further back to the times when the nomadic Maori tribes hunted the moa to extinction in these parts. No tour buses, crowds or noise to be found this far from town. Follow this by a meal at an award-winning Bannockburn winery and a drive home via the stunning Kawarau Gorge.
• A visit to the beautiful farmlands of the Ida Valley stopping at historic towns of Central Otago including Clyde, Alexandra and the “ghost town” of St Bathans. Learn about the pioneers of farming, fruit growing and invention that provided a livelihood for early settlers. Experience the warmth and hospitality of the local communities.
• For the wine buff, a full day of winery visits including an exclusive tour and introduction to the team of a working vineyard that produces internationally acclaimed wines. You will have the choice of 4-6 wineries and cellar doors to visit in a completely tailored tour.
The above tours can be incorporated with a one-way heli option for those would like to see the landscape from ground and sky or those a little short on time. Contact us for prices.
Full Day Tour - 12 hours. $1950 (incl gst) 1-5 people
A Full Day Tour opens up a whole new list of options for you. We can reach far and wide in the comfort of your personal private vehicle. This is a fantastic choice for travellers who fly in and out of Queenstown but would like to experience more of New Zealand beyond the main cities and towns.
• Visit the tallest mountain in New Zealand, covered in snow and glaciers all year round, Aoraki Mt Cook and the national park that surrounds it is not only awesome to view but is home to a number of snow activities no matter what time of year it is that you visit.
• Milford Sound. One of our greatest wonders and a trip that we highly recommend you have on your list. A 4.5 hour drive from Queenstown takes you into the heart of the World Heritage listed Fiordland National Park to board a cruise which sails you through some of the most breathtaking scenery on earth. Choose to fly there or back by plane or heli if you are short on time but don’t miss the drive one way or the other.
• Take a visit to the West Coast. Travel via Wanaka and the mountainous Haast Pass to the rugged beauty of this World Heritage listed part of the West Coast. Journey to the fishing village of Jackson Bay for a rock pool walk, wildlife spotting including penguins, seals and dolphins, and enjoy some fresh fish and chips perched on the edge of the sea.
• A visit to Dunedin. The largest town in the lower South Island, Dunedin has an intriguing Scottish history. Beautifully maintained Edwardian architecture can be seen throughout the city. Art, culture and history abound. Museums, castles, galleries, and if you are lucky, a performance by a pipe band in the central city Octagon.
• A day of guided skiing at Ohau Ski Field. This is the furthest field you are able to reach from Queenstown in a day and is therefore considerably less crowded. Ohau, though small compared to its Queenstown siblings has lots to offer any level of skier or snowboarder and is uniquely New Zealand in style. (winter option only July-Sept, weather dependant)
If you would like to make any Day Tour into an over-night trip we have a list of wonderful accommodation options that we recommend. We can make all the arrangements for you. Talk to us about how we can put it all together.
Ski Resort Transfers, Tours and Personal Assistance.
Organising a ski/snowboard trip is a big deal. There are so many moving parts and things to organise. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a seasoned local ready to assist you with anything you may need?
The mountains are our true passion and we love to help visitors enjoy winter holidays in Queenstown.
Our driver-guides have worked in ski resorts and are ski guides. We have years of experience in winter-condition driving and all have level 2 First Aid or above. All bases are covered so you can rest easy.
• Private return transfers from your accommodation to the following ski resorts in safe and private late model European vehicles (seating up to 5 guests):
o Coronet Peak
o Soho Basin
o Treble Cone
• Resort skiing and snowboarding, back-country touring, heli-skiing, cat-skiing, club and private ski fields.
• Tailored individual ski and snowboard packages including accommodation, transport, equipment, lift passes and anything else you may require. Designed exclusively for you.
• Resort tips including the best ways to get around once you are on the snow and how to find the best spots in each resort.
• On-mountain personal assistance service including help with ski equipment, lift passes, organising lessons, help with children, and other requests you may have.
• Visits to après ski locations such as Cardrona Distillery, Cardrona Hotel, Arrowtown and Amisfield Winery can be included in your transfers.
Contact us now via phone or email with any questions you may have about your ski trip. We can provide prices and individually tailored quotes at your request.
Hourly Charters, Airport Transfers and Event Transport.
• Choose to add an hour or two to any of our tours or book a completely tailored trip for yourself.
• We are also experts at airport transfers, monitoring your flight and being there ready and waiting to ensure your departure or arrival is stress free and seamless. We also pride ourselves on delivering some special touches to make you feel right at home from the moment we meet.
• With countless festivals, concerts, shows and events in the Queenstown area, by booking Luxe Guides for your event transport you can be sure that you will be delivered on time, in style and free of hassle.
• Contact us for transfers that are required due to airport closures. We love the seasons here in Queenstown but sometimes the weather throws us unwanted airport delays. If you are caught in a situation where you must get to another regional airport at late notice, we are able to help.
Queenstown Midday Tour - Winter only - 3 hours. $495 (incl gst) 1-5 people
Our Queenstown Midday Tour is our new winter tour. It has been designed for those who like to start a little later on a cold winters morning.
After a sleep in and some late breakfast, we’ll pick you up from your accommodation for a private and exclusive tour of the Queenstown area. Our luxury modern vehicles seat up to 5 guests and the price is all inclusive. We can fit a lot into 3 hours:
View the breathtaking panorama of the Wakatipu Basin from a mountain look out and hear about how this stunning landscape came to be.
Watch the brave and crazy souls throwing themselves from the old Kawarau Bridge, the worlds original bungy site.
Stop off for a wine tasting at one of the Southern-most wineries in the world.
Visit Arrowtown with its old-world charm, fantastic shopping and golden history.
Fossick for gold on the banks of one of the world’s richest gold-bearing rivers and learn about the history of the area.
Pick up for this tour is at 11am. The tour concludes at 2pm. On completion of the tour we'll return you to your accommodation or into town if you choose. Our tours are created around you. If there are any special requests, inclusions or exclusions you would like, just let us know…