Organising a ski/snowboard trip is a big deal. There are so many moving parts and things to organise. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a seasoned local on-call, ready to assist with anything you may need?
Queenstown Local Ski Resorts
Choose from any of our local ski resorts:
- Coronet Peak - Our closest resort, an easy 1/2 hour drive from Queenstown to the lifts, it is known as the locals' resort for a reason. At Coronet Peak there is something for all levels, ages and styles. Early birds can get the 'First Tracks' pass upgrade, night owls can ride through till after dark on 'Night Ski' pass upgrades and the ski school provides a wide choice of lessons and programs to suit kids right up to pros.
- Remarkables - A 45 minute drive will take you to the resort that lies behind our iconic Remarkables mountain range. Here you will find everything a world class resort should offer: A new and perfectly planned beginners area is right by the modern base building, beyond is a variety of wide groomed trails, terrain parks, off-piste and side country to tempt any type of skier or snowboarder.
- Cardrona - In just over 1 hour from Queenstown, the resort of Cardrona takes pride of place as one of the largest resorts in NZ. The facilities here are extensive with restaurants, cafes, bars and the only on-mountain visitor accommodation in the area. The resort is chosen for world class ski / snowboard events and training due to its immaculate terrain parks and half pipes. Be sure to check what's on during your stay, you might just be riding a lift with an international superstar!
- Treble Cone - Located 45 minutes from Wanaka and under 2 hours from Queenstown, TC is famous for its unique terrain, this resort is loved by advanced and expert skiers and boarders from all over. It isn't just for those seeking uncrowded and off-piste, there is plenty for intermediate skiers and and beginners alike. This is worth the trip for the jaw-dropping views alone.
- Soho Basin - For something a little bit different and very special. Our only privately owned Cat Ski Area. Please see below for details...
Private Transport to the Ski Resorts
We provide private return transfers from your Queenstown accommodation to the local ski resorts in the luxury of safe and modern European vehicles (seating up to 5 guests).
We pick you up from your door and deliver you right to the door of the ski resort.
On pick up, your driver will be ready with up-to-date weather information and snow reports for you. You may also request for your lift passes, lessons and equipment hire to be pre-organised and delivered with your driver.
Once on mountain, we help you with your equipment, provide any tips or directions you may require and confirm the time that you would like to meet for your return to town.
Our driver-guides have worked in ski resorts and are ski guides. We have years of experience in winter-condition driving and all have level 2 First Aid or above.
Which is the best ski resort in Queenstown? It's the one with over 800 runs stretching across 17 mountain ranges with the highest skiable terrain in the region of course.
Welcome to the world of heliski.
For intermediate to advanced skiers and snowboarders heliskiing will get you high into the Southern Alps, away from the crowds and into the best virgin snow that the Southern Hemisphere has to offer. We have a number of options to suit any type of powder hound. For those just wanting a taste, a 3 run day is a great introduction and no previous powder skiing experience is required. Or choose from 4, 6 or 8 runs and even go for the 10 run day, suited to advanced skiers and boarders who are seeking maximum vert at a fast pace. You'll be matched with a like minded group and a highly qualified, professional guide for the day and will be transported to the best locations by a dedicated fleet of helicopters flown by expert pilots.
If something more exclusive is your style, then we have options for private charters to suit your groups size, ability and preference right up to unlimited heli-time and vertical - You may be heading home in the afternoon and want to fit in some runs the morning before you depart or you'd like to make a day of it and include a chef prepared gourmet lunch in a mountain lodge that is only accessible by helicopter as part of the deal. Contact us to see what tailored and personalised heliski experiences can be created for you.
The normal heli season in Queenstown runs from July to September depending on snowpack and conditions.
Soho Basin Cat Skiing Day
Be the envy of, well, pretty much everyone. Spend a day skiing the ultimate alpine destination of the privately owned Soho Basin cat ski resort. State-of-the-art snowcats will be on hand and guides will be at your service. With no more than 24 guests per day this truly is a special and unique experience for any skier.
One full day of alpine adventure and cat skiing at Soho Basin.
Private return transfers from your Queenstown accommodation to Soho Basin in a luxury late model vehicle designed for safe travel on the mountain roads.
Premier ski equipment hire - Delivered and fitted at your accommodation. Included is premium skis, boots and poles or snowboard and boots. (Hire is for 2 days and can be extended for longer if you are planning to do more skiing while you are in town.)
Coffee, Tea and Pastries on arrival to Soho Basin.
Bottled water and snacks in the snow cats throughout the day.
Chef prepared three-course meal on the deck of an alpine hut.